Lead Mechanical Engineer
As lead mechanical engineer at C-Job Naval Architects, you’re passionate about the maritime industry. You will coordinate all marine systems engineering work during the basic and detail design stage, and will translate customer requirements into technical drawings and functional specifications as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
You like to share your expertise with your co-workers. Organizing and planning is in your nature and you feel responsible to deliver projects on specification and on time. You take initiative, stimulate team members, and optimize all aspects of your projects. You are pragmatic, structured, and accurate. If you notice problems, you take initiative to handle them to solve anything that comes your way.
We have a strong track record of projects in different industries: dredging, offshore, passenger vessels, and yachts for national and international clients. As a dedicated naval architect, C-Job is driving change. We are passionate about making it happen: a sustainable maritime industry in one generation.
- Lead a great team of mechanical engineers and assist with design and technical issues
- You motivate your team and create an atmosphere of collaboration
- Responsible for a clear task distribution system within your team
- Setting up a mechanical project execution plan, in cooperation with the other disciplines
- Managing the flow and need of required information
- You are the first point of contact towards the client on mechanical and marine engineering topics
- Translating customer objectives into realizable design solutions, in cooperation with other engineering disciplines
- Ensuring that lessons learned are being used in the project
- Reporting to the project manager and updating on the progress of projects (hours and schedule)
- Ensuring high quality, cost-effectiveness, and compliance with customer requirements
- Working proactively on continuous improvement, standardization, and development of design rules
- Act as first point of contact for your colleagues, customers, and suppliers during the design, production, commissioning, and after-sales service
Skills / Experience
- BSc and/or MSc degree in Mechanical Engineering
- An innovative, energetic, resilient, and flexible personality
- Knowledge and experience with 3D modeling software
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- A minimum of eight years of experience with marine systems (main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery, and hotel systems).
- Excellent analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make decisions
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours between 07.00 AM and 07.00 PM
- Combination of working from home and our Dutch offices
- Gym membership at a reduced rate via Bedrijfsfitness
- Pension allowance in accordance with the Dutch law
- International working environment with colleagues across five countries
- 25 days of leave per year + 13 adv based on a full-time workweek
- Weekly VrijMiBo and frequently company organized trips, drinks, and festivities
Joining C-Job Naval Architects means you’ll be part of a fast-paced environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background are treated equally and can contribute to delivering high-end engineering. We care about our people, value your initiative, entrepreneurship, drive, energy, and inquisitive nature. Focusing on client needs and working together as a team is what we do. Do you identify with our C-Job DNA?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your cv and cover letter by clicking on the apply button. Please include the location of the office you are applying for in your motivation letter.
Please note, only applicants with a valid EU work visa will be considered viable candidates.