Senior Mechanical/Marine Systems Engineer
As Senior Mechanical/Marine Systems Engineer at C-Job, you’re passionate about the maritime industry. You will design all marine systems engineering (main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery, and hotel systems) during the concept, basic, and detail design stage and translate customer requirements into technical drawings and functional specifications, as part of a multi-disciplinary project team.
You like to share your expertise with co-workers. Organizing and planning are in your nature and you feel responsible to deliver projects on specification and on time. You take initiative, stimulate team members, and optimize all aspects of your projects. You are pragmatic, structured, and accurate. If you notice problems, you take initiative to handle them to solve anything that comes your way.
We have a strong track record of projects in different industries: dredging, offshore, passenger vessels, and yachts for national and international clients. As a dedicated naval architect, C-Job is driving change. We are passionate about making it happen: a sustainable maritime industry in one generation.
- Translating customer objectives into realizable design solutions, in good cooperation with other engineering disciplines
- Ensuring that lessons learned are being used in the project
- Reporting to the lead engineer or project manager and providing updates on progress of projects (hours and schedule)
- Ensuring high quality, cost-effectiveness, and compliance with customer requirements
- Working proactively on continuous improvement, standardization, and development of design rules
Skills / Experience
- BSc and/or MSc degree in Mechanical/Marine Engineering
- An innovative, resilient and flexible personality
- Knowledge of alternative fuels (for marine application) is considered a plus
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- A minimum of five years of experience with marine systems (main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery, and hotel systems) and technical space arrangements
- Excellent analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills, and quick decision-making skills
- Interested in leading and coaching your fellow engineers
- Open to travel if, as, and when required
- Competitive salary
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible hours between 07.00 am and 07.00 pm
- Combination of working from home and our offices
- Gym membership at a reduced rate via Bedrijfsfitness
- Annual Personal Development Budget
- Free access to certified therapists and psychologists through online platform OpenUp
- Pension allowance in accordance with the Dutch law
- International working environment with colleagues across five countries
- 25 days of leave per year + 13 adv based on full time (40 hours per week)
- Weekly VriMiBo and frequently company organized trips, drinks, and festivities
Joining C-Job Naval Architects means you’ll be part of a fast-paced environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background are treated equally and can contribute to delivering high-end engineering. We care about our people, value your initiative, entrepreneurship, drive, energy, and inquisitive nature. Focusing on client needs and working together as a team is what we do. Do you identify with our C-Job DNA?
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please send us your cv and cover letter by clicking on the apply button. Please include the location of the office you are applying for in your motivation letter.
Please note, only applicants with a valid EU work visa will be considered viable candidates.